Parallel execution of unittests

Dicebot via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Thu May 1 08:04:35 PDT 2014

On Thursday, 1 May 2014 at 14:55:50 UTC, Andrei Alexandrescu
wrote:
> On 5/1/14, 1:34 AM, Dicebot wrote:
>> I have just recently went through some of out internal
>> projects removing
>> all accidental I/O tests for the very reason that /tmp was full
>
> Well a bunch of stuff will not work on a full /tmp. Sorry, hard
> to elicit empathy with a full /tmp :o). -- Andrei

So you are OK with your unit tests failing randomly with no clear
diagnostics? Including automated test servers? Really?

Bunch of stuff can go wrong. Higher level tests verify their
expectations from environment (if written carefully), which is
impractical to do in unit tests. Also such reliance on
environment makes running in parallel impossible without explicit
resource dependency tracking for any kind of bigger test suite.