Parallel execution of unittests

Steven Schveighoffer via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Thu May 1 08:25:21 PDT 2014

On Thu, 01 May 2014 11:04:31 -0400, Andrei Alexandrescu

> On 5/1/14, 4:05 AM, Jacob Carlborg wrote:
>> On 2014-04-30 23:35, Andrei Alexandrescu wrote:
>>
>>> Agreed. I think we should look into parallelizing all unittests. --
>>> Andrei
>>
>> I recommend running the tests in random order as well.
>
> Great idea! -- Andrei

I think we can configure this at runtime.

Imagine, you have multiple failing unit tests. You see the first failure.
You find the issue, try and fix the problem, or instrument it, and now a
DIFFERENT test fails. Now focus on that one, yet a different one fails.

This is just going to equal frustration.

If you want to run random, we can do that. If you want to run in order,
that also should be possible. In fact, while debugging, you need to run
them in order, and serially.

-Steve