Parallel execution of unittests

NVolcz via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Thu May 1 23:11:55 PDT 2014

The D unittest feature has been a mixed bag from the beginning
for me.
When a codebase starts to consider to parallelize the unittests
it's has in many cases become a very expensive to make this
change. If order of execution was not guaranteed this would force
coders to make a better long term investment from the beginning.
A nice side effect from having undefined order is that
programmers are forced to think about state. See
http://googletesting.blogspot.se/2013/03/testing-on-toilet-testing-state-vs.html

Another link I would like to drop here which is only midly
relevant. I whish that more developers became aware of the Tests
Vs. checks discussion.
http://www.satisfice.com/blog/archives/856