Parallel execution of unittests

via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Fri May 2 03:16:44 PDT 2014

On Friday, 2 May 2014 at 06:57:46 UTC, w0rp wrote:
> You know, executing batches of tests in multiple processes
> could be a good compromise. You might still run into filesystem
> issues, but if you run a series of tests with a number of
> processes at the same time, you can at least guarantee that you
> won't run into shared memory issues.

Using fork() would be good for multi-threaded unit testing or
when testing global datastructures (singeltons). I don't get the
desire for demanding that unit tests are "pure". That would miss
the units that are most likely to blow up in an application.

If you fork before opening any files it probably will work out ok.