D For A Web Developer

brad clawsie via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Fri May 2 10:25:33 PDT 2014

On Wednesday, 30 April 2014 at 07:14:34 UTC, Jacob Carlborg wrote:

> I think one of the great things about Rails and Ruby is all the
> libraries and plugins that are available. If I want to do
> something, in RoR there's a big chance there's already a
> library for that. In D, there's a big chance I need to
> implement it myself.

this has been the fundamental issue for me. its not just missing
libs, its libs that are surfaced via a C-binding, which in my
limited experience have been difficult to use and make
portability hard.

I think D is a superior language to Go, but Go has a very
complete SDK and its all written in Go, so I don't have to worry
about chasing down native libs to install.

brad