Running Phobos unit tests in threads: I have data

Walter Bright via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Sat May 3 11:26:37 PDT 2014

On 5/3/2014 10:22 AM, Atila Neves wrote:
> I can reproduce the slower-with-threads issue without using my library. I've
> included the source file below and would like to know if other people see the
> same thing.

I haven't investigated this, but my suspicions are:

1. thread creation/destruction is dominating the times.

2. since very few of the unittests block, there is no speed advantage from
having more threads than cores. If you limit the number of threads to the number
of cores on your machine, you might see a speedup.