isUniformRNG

Nick Sabalausky via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Sun May 4 12:37:00 PDT 2014

On 5/4/2014 3:26 PM, Joseph Rushton Wakeling via Digitalmars-d wrote:
> On 04/05/14 20:56, Nick Sabalausky via Digitalmars-d wrote:
>> So I think it's probably safe to figure this is a uniform distribution
>> unless
>> some expert chimes in and says otherwise.
>>
>> Thanks for the help.
>
> You're very welcome.  Keep me posted on how things go with your
> implementation! :-)

Will do. Speaking of, this algo uses SHA-1 and SHA-2 (depending on the
desired crypto strength of the psuedo-randomness). SHA-1 of course has
been in Phobos for awhile. I've recently expanded it to support SHA-2,
pending sufficient Phobos pull code reviews:

https://github.com/D-Programming-Language/phobos/pull/2129