Parallel execution of unittests

Messenger via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Mon May 5 02:50:46 PDT 2014

On Monday, 5 May 2014 at 00:40:41 UTC, Walter Bright wrote:
> D has so many language features, we need a higher bar for
> adding new ones, especially ones that can be done
> straightforwardly with existing features.

Sure, but you'll have to agree that there comes a point where
library solutions end up being so syntactically convoluted that
it becomes difficult to visually parse.

Bad-practice non-sensical example.

     version(ParallelUnittests)
     const const(TypeTuple!(string, "name", UnittestImpl!SomeT,
"test", bool, "result")) testTempfileHammering(string name, alias
fun, SomeT, Args...)(Args args) pure @safe @(TestSuite.standard)
     if ((name.length > 0) && __traits(parallelizable, fun) &&
!is(Args) && (Args.length > 2) && allSatisfy!(isSomeString, args))
     {
         /* ... */