Parallel execution of unittests

bearophile via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Mon May 5 08:53:45 PDT 2014

Meta:

> However, the community is starting to standardize around Dub as
> the standard package manager. Dub makes downloading a package
> as easy as editing a JSON file (and it scales such that you can
> download a project of any size this way).

Having package manager(s) in Python doesn't make single module
Python projects less popular or less appreciated. Most Python
projects are very small, thanks to both standard library and code
succinctness (that allows a small program to do a lot), and the
presence of an healthy ecology of third party modules that you
can import to avoid re-writing things already done by other
people. All this should become more common in the D world :-)

> Did Python have a proper package manager before this idiom
> arose?

Both are very old, and I am not sure, but I think the main module
idiom is precedent.

Bye,
bearophile