Formal review of std.lexer

Dmitry Olshansky via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Mon May 5 12:19:05 PDT 2014

17-Mar-2014 02:13, Martin Nowak пишет:
> On 02/22/2014 09:31 PM, "Marc Schütz" <schuetzm at gmx.net>" wrote:
>> But that still doesn't explain why a custom hash table implementation is
>> necessary. Maybe a lightweight wrapper around built-in AAs is sufficient?
>
> I'm also wondering what benefit this hash table provides.

Getting back to this. The custom hash map originaly was a product of
optimization, the benefits over built-in AAs are:
a) Allocation was amortized by allocating nodes in batches.
b) Allowed custom hash function to be used with built-in type (string).

Not sure how much of that stands today.

--
Dmitry Olshansky