FYI - mo' work on std.allocator

Marco Leise via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Mon May 5 23:20:56 PDT 2014

Am Mon, 05 May 2014 21:13:10 +0400
schrieb Dmitry Olshansky <dmitry.olsh at gmail.com>:

> 05-May-2014 20:57, Marco Leise пишет:
> >
> > That sounds like a more complicated topic than anything I had
> > in mind. I think a »std.virtualmemory« module should already
> > implement all the primitives in a portable form, so we don't
> > have to do that again for the next use case. Since
> > cross-platform code is always hard to get right, it could also
> > avoid latent bugs.
>
> I had an idea of core.vmm. It didn't survive the last review though,
> plus I never got around to test OSes aside from Windows & Linux.
> Comments on initial design are welcome.
> https://github.com/D-Programming-Language/druntime/pull/653

That's exactly what I had in mind and more. :)
These are all free functions that can be used as building
blocks for more specific objects. Was there a dedicated review
thread on the news group? All I could find was a discussion
about why not to use a VMM struct with static functions as
a namespace replacement.

--
Marco