More radical ideas about gc and reference counting

Andrei Alexandrescu via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Tue May 6 07:29:02 PDT 2014

On 5/5/14, 11:07 PM, HaraldZealot wrote:
> I have to say that all this discussion (more precisely the understanding
> on the side of key developers) make me very upset.

This is a misunderstanding of the situation. This is brainstorming.
There has to be a public place in which ideas can be discussed freely,
no matter how radical. Otherwise we'd need to create a cabal and only
present finalized decisions to the public. We can't get to a community
censorship so strong so as to disallow unencumbered discussion of
radical ideas. All those who got up in arms about this thread, I compel
you to reconsider.

Andrei