Parallel execution of unittests

Dicebot via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Tue May 6 11:27:38 PDT 2014

On Tuesday, 6 May 2014 at 18:13:01 UTC, Andrei Alexandrescu wrote:
> On 5/6/14, 10:43 AM, Dicebot wrote:
>> Disk I/O failure throws Exception which can be easily consumed
>> somewhere
>> inside tested control flow resulting in absolutely mysterious
>> test failures.
>
> If you're pointing out full /tmp/ should be nicely diagnosed by
> the unittest, I agree. -- Andrei

Good we have a common base ground :)

It inevitably arises next question though : how unittest can
diagnose it? Catching exception is not always possible as it can
be consumed inside tested function resulting in different
observable behavior when /tmp/ is full.

I can't imagine anything better than verifying /tmp/ is not full
before running bunch of tests. Will you agree with this one too?