The Current Status of DQt

Etienne via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Tue May 6 16:05:39 PDT 2014

On 2014-05-05 7:00 PM, FrankLike wrote:

>>> http://forum.dlang.org/thread/wdddgiowaidcojbrklsg@forum.dlang.org
>>
>> Worth a reddit announcement tomorrow morning? -- Andrei
>
> TkD is nice,but the exe's Memory usage is 6.8~7M,but DFL's only
> 2.8~3M,and only a single file on windows 7.
>
> https://github.com/Rayerd/dfl,
> https://github.com/FrankLIKE/dfl

I've just started using tkd and the memory usage is 3.4MB on windows for
a Hello World.

It requires a lot of tcl/tk source files (900 files) and 2 dlls, but I
think a workaround can be found for them to be packed in an in-place
unpacker app by compiling on top of it (I'm looking into this right
now). It would be good to have an application that know what to trim out
too. The zipped size of a tkd application is 3 MB.

It's very simple to use, it implements a lot of the D idioms and, most
of all, it's stable. I appreciate the effort very much!