[OT] DConf - How to survive without a car?

Kai Nacke via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Tue May 6 23:06:18 PDT 2014

On Tuesday, 6 May 2014 at 02:20:46 UTC, Lionello Lunesu wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> After last year's incident with my tires getting slashed, I'm
> really hoping I can do without a car during this year's DConf.
> How feasible is this?
>
> I'll be staying at Aloft. Would be great if there's someone I
> can share a ride with. I've also seen there's a public bus
> going more or less to FB and back, so I should be good there.
> (Right?)
>
> But how about getting to SFO or down town? Am I causing myself
> a whole lot of pain (albeit of a different kind) by not renting
> a car? To be clear, I'm not looking for an economical option,
> just peace of mind.
>
> Lio.

Hi!

I attended last year's D conf and visited San Francisco the year
before - both times without a car.

There is a bus stop near Facebook. You can go via train (from
Palo Alto) to San Francisco downtown or go by bus to the other
side of the bay and use the sub (takes more time). In San
Francisco you have the sub, trams and busses.

You can check the connection with the routing planer from Google
maps.

(Hint: for the bus you need the exact change. At least for an
European this is somewhat unusual.)

Regards,
Kai