Parallel execution of unittests

Dicebot via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Wed May 7 07:05:38 PDT 2014

On Wednesday, 7 May 2014 at 06:34:44 UTC, Jacob Carlborg wrote:
> So you're saying to use the "unittest" keyword but with a UDA?

I think this is most reasonable compromise that does not harm
existing system.

> Something I already do, but for unit tests. Well my idea for a
> testing framework would work both for unit tests and other,
> higher levels of test.
>
> @describe("toMsec")
> {
>     @it("returns the time in milliseconds") unittest
>     {
>         assert(true);
>     }
> }

Which is exactly why I'd like to defer exact annotation to
library solution - exact requirements for such framework are very
different. I'd want to see something like this instead:

@name("Network test 2")
@requires("Network test 1") @cleanup!removeTemporaries
unittest
{
     // do stuff
}

Have never liked that fancy description syntax of "smart" testing
frameworks.