From fields missing names in mailing list

Jonathan M Davis via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Wed May 7 07:19:06 PDT 2014

Ever since the mailing list software was changed to say "sender via
Digitalmars-d," a number of the messages have been from "via Digitalmars-d" -
they're missing the actual sender. And for many of them, the person who sent
the message didn't bother to put a signature on it, making it so that you
can't tell who it's from. One example of this is the "Enforced @nogc for
dtors?" thread. Several of the messages are missing the sender. However, if I
look at forum.dlang.org, there are names on those posts - e.g. the two posts
by Ola folsheim Grostad have his name on them in the forum, but his name does
not show up before "via Digitalmars-d" in the "From" field in the e-mails. So,
I'm guessing that he posted via the forum, and his name got lost somehow when
the message was translated into an e-mail for the mailing list.

I don't know if this is a problem with the mailing list software, the forum
software, or both, but it makes it hard to follow who's saying what. It's bad
enough that everyone's names now have "via Digitalmars-d" tacked onto the end
of them (since that definitely makes the from field harder to read), but not
even putting the senders name in it makes the thread impossible to follow.

So, I'd appreciate it if we could get this problem sorted out sometime soon.
Thanks.

- Jonathan M Davis