The Current Status of DQt

Gary Willoughby via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Wed May 7 12:32:39 PDT 2014

On Tuesday, 6 May 2014 at 23:05:40 UTC, Etienne wrote:
> It requires a lot of tcl/tk source files (900 files) and 2
> dlls, but I think a workaround can be found for them to be
> packed in an in-place unpacker app by compiling on top of it
> (I'm looking into this right now). It would be good to have an
> application that know what to trim out too. The zipped size of
> a tkd application is 3 MB.

Nah, it doesn't need that much. You can have Tcl/Tk installed on
the machine which for posix is no trouble as it's shipped with
the OS. For Windows you can just copy the DLL's and library
folder to the exe directory. It's all explained in the readme.
https://github.com/nomad-software/tkd/blob/master/README.md

> It's very simple to use, it implements a lot of the D idioms
> and, most of all, it's stable. I appreciate the effort very
> much!

Thanks.