No VisualStudio project for phobos?

Manu via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Thu May 8 07:27:06 PDT 2014

On 8 May 2014 23:58, Orvid King via Digitalmars-d
<digitalmars-d at puremagic.com> wrote:
> It would mean that a VisualD project for druntime, as well as a
> VisualC++ project for zlib, would be required. The issue I see is that
> while I know that Mono-D can open VisualD project files, as well as
> dub projects, and mono-d project files, I don't know if it can open
> VisualC++ project files, which would be required in order to build.
> I'm fairly certain that it can't build VisualC++ project files from a
> version of VS older than 2010, due to the fact that 2010 is the first
> version where VisualC++ projects were proper MSBuild project files.

I'm fairly sure MonoDevelop can't open .vcxproj files. They have their
own .cproj format for C/C++.
But either way, the project is for Visual Studio. Surely the DMD VS
projects don't work in MonoDevelop either? I just wanted to see parity
with the DMD project files.
What do the DMD devs who use VS do when working on phobos?

Like, 9 out of 10 times I think I might do some work on phobos, I
remember there's no project files and go and do something else.