Parallel execution of unittests

Jacob Carlborg via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Thu May 8 11:54:30 PDT 2014

On 2014-05-08 14:56, Dicebot wrote:

> You don't need artificial pseudo syntax for that.
> assert!("==") + named tests is good enough to get the context and for
> detailed investigation you need file and line number anyway. Stuff like
> RSpec is extreme opposite of KISS.

RSpec uses a syntax that makes it easier to read a test. To understand
what it actually tests. I mean, what the h*ll does this unit test tests:

https://github.com/D-Programming-Language/phobos/blob/master/std/numeric.d#L995

I'm mostly interested in the describe/it functionality, not the fancy
asserts, although I don't mind them either.

@describe("foo")
{
     @it("should do something useful") unittest
     {

Is not so much different from what you suggested with named unit tests.

--
/Jacob Carlborg