Parallel execution of unittests

Dicebot via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Fri May 9 04:57:28 PDT 2014

On Thursday, 8 May 2014 at 18:54:30 UTC, Jacob Carlborg wrote:
> I mean, what the h*ll does this unit test tests:
>
> https://github.com/D-Programming-Language/phobos/blob/master/std/numeric.d#L995

It is explained in comments there. And it won't become more
simple if you add some fancy syntax there. It looks complicated
because it _is_ complicated, not because syntax is bad.

> @describe("foo")

This is redundant as D unittest blocks are associated with
symbols they are placed next to.

> {
>     @it("should do something useful") unittest {

This is essentially @name with an overly smart name and weird
attribute placement.

> Is not so much different from what you suggested with named
> unit tests.

It introduces bunch of artificial annotations for something that
can be taken care of by a single attribute as a side effect. Not
KISS.