Porting DMD compiler to haiku OS

Joakim via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Fri May 9 04:59:09 PDT 2014

On Friday, 9 May 2014 at 07:21:36 UTC, iridium wrote:
> I'm not asking to solve the problem for me. Just tell me what
> is that. I try to building some simple executables and get this
> and that: http://itmages.ru/image/view/1657447/92442093
Those are linker errors, because you are missing symbols like
__stdoutp and __stderrp.  My guess is that you simply cut and
pasted the stdc.stdio block from FreeBSD, but Haiku likely
doesn't define the same symbols.  You need to look at stdio.h and
other header files in Haiku and fill those druntime blocks in
with the declarations appropriate to Haiku.  It also looks like
you messed something up with setting up rt.sections_haiku.
Finally, as Jacob mentioned, you should look at the flags that
dmd normally uses when it links, as you're missing some of those.