New opportunities for D => ASM.js

Etienne via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Tue May 13 10:38:43 PDT 2014

On 2014-05-13 1:30 PM, Nicolas F. wrote:

> The only good idea that I see in this is that it allows you to do
> client-side web-development without having to use J

I do believe it would allow some web frameworks and UI projects to run
faster by reducing the massive use of fallback scopes and HashMaps.
Also, nothing says a thread pool won't be in the works if it becomes
necessary. JS has the advantage of running in every single web browsers
out there regardless of the OS, and for platforms like the Chrome OS
that only run JS/HTML, it's also going to be an important tool.

Don't get me wrong, I do believe javascript is a horrible technology and
I hate how it managed to get there by stacking indirections so much, but
it's also what browsers rely on and this is supposed to improve it.