Learn D in x minutes

Steve D via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Tue May 13 20:22:50 PDT 2014

D beginner here. I also like to look into new/different languages
and see what they are all about.
I was looking at the Julia language when I came across this site
http://learnxinyminutes.com/ which gives a summary of most of the
popular languages.
Each language entry includes basic syntax usage and is a short
whirlwind tutorial with simple examples showing data types,
operators, control flow, simple statements, functions etc.

Now I know you can't really learn any language x in minutes, but
I think D might benefit from being represented as it is yet
another introduction path to programmers/technicians who visit
the site.

Someone here in D.learn (anonymous) already did a basic page
http://forum.dlang.org/thread/l6baie$vci$1@digitalmars.com last
November but it only made the learn forum and doesn't seem to
have been progressed. I'm only a D noob and not really qualified
to say if the attempt is up to date, or in a complete/acceptable
state that you guys would say 'yeah that covers the D basics very
well' etc.
It needs someone qualified to have a look and decide if it's
worthwhile to make a little time to add/update the starting
effort to the site.
What do you think? It's not a lot of effort or too challenging,
wouldn't you say?

So, it's only a suggestion, but that site may get visits,
possibly from seven billion programmers, thousands of schools,
colleges, universities, corporations, institutions, technical
managers etc etc... just sayin' ;)

Also, if someone adds the D language entry then a reddit/hacker
news post saying 'D added to learnxinyminutes' would not only
ping everyone about D, but also raise the learnxy site's profile
(and it's an interesting site too) to reddit and HN

Note. posted to D forum vs D.learn as I think it's more about D's
profile and visibility, hope that's ok.