Learn D in x minutes

John via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Wed May 14 10:09:20 PDT 2014

On Wednesday, 14 May 2014 at 12:27:22 UTC, FG wrote:
> On 2014-05-14 05:22, Steve D wrote:
>> I came across this site http://learnxinyminutes.com/ which
>> gives a summary of most of the popular languages.
>
> Yes, it's definitely a good idea from a promotional point of
> view to put D in all those places where languages are compared.
> Then -- like on http://rosettacode.org -- one can compare how
> typical tasks are written and get sold on D's relatively sane
> approach.
>
> OTOH, seeing the title "Learn X in Y minutes" makes me smile. :)
> http://norvig.com/21-days.html

Good article, but we all know those books that promise to teach a
language in 24 hours or 21 days do not make us masters. We just
want to see how it feels or try to grasp the basics and then
practice it with more advanced books.

I too believe in that 10,000 hours theory, but we should begin
somewhere, right?