New opportunities for D => ASM.js

Paulo Pinto via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Fri May 16 04:38:13 PDT 2014

On Friday, 16 May 2014 at 10:36:16 UTC, Ola Fosheim Grøstad wrote:
> On Friday, 16 May 2014 at 06:21:40 UTC, Paulo Pinto wrote:
>> The problem is that currently it is a document format, trying
>> to be an application, with a clustf**** of JavaScript/CSS/HTML
>> with more compatibility issues than when C was being
>> standardized.
>
> I think it is pretty good if you remove IE9 and below, but
> things like lists of items are slower with a DOM based solution
> when you get thousands of items.
>
> I use few native apps these days... I dont really see many
> application areas that cannot run as PNaCl+Dart.

Good luck explaining to non-technical business owner why the CSS
isn't pixel perfect across Safari Mac OS X, Safari Windows,
Safari iOS, Chrome iOS, Chrome Android, Chrome Mac OS X, .....,
even though they are all Webkit based. Or why the need to spend
more days fixing issues across the same browser engine versions.

Specially when his/her opinion is what counts for releasing a
payment.

--
Paulo