[OT] DConf - How to survive without a car?

Jesse Phillips via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Sat May 17 22:16:46 PDT 2014

On Saturday, 17 May 2014 at 07:49:21 UTC, Mike Parker wrote:
> That's what I did last year. I had a minivan and could have
> driven 7 people around, but the most I ever had onboard was 3.
> The sucky part is that I had to go easy on the Sam Adams at the
> Aloft bar. The salmon was great, though.

Well, I kind of expect most people are going to make sure their
needs are met on transportation. While I'd love to arrange to do
car pooling, it is challenging and with most people flying into
an unfamiliar area...

I don't drink, so driving isn't much of an issue.

My original thoughts was going to be to take a taxi to and from
the airport then bus in the morning to Facebook. But it didn't
seem like it would save much money over packaging the car with
the flight purchase (and wasn't sure it would go smoothly).