Optional monitors suggestion

Yuriy via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Sat May 17 23:13:35 PDT 2014

On Sunday, 18 May 2014 at 05:01:21 UTC, Walter Bright wrote:
> While I agree with Andrei's agreements (!), the rationale for
> the current approach is to make it relatively straightforward
> to translate existing Java code into D. There was a fair amount
> of this in the early days of D, I'm not sure how much of that
> lately.
This is a great way to attract Java/C# communities by making D
looking familiar, when possible. And i think it has to continue
being like so, until D conquers the world =). As to
builtin/optional monitors currently my PRs do not change anything
in that sense.

But even if we later deprecate synchronizing on non- at monitored
classes, it still remains trivial to fix when porting from Java.