More from C++ Now 2014

Paulo Pinto via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Mon May 19 01:38:05 PDT 2014

On Sunday, 18 May 2014 at 18:03:26 UTC, bearophile wrote:
> Some more slides pack from "C++ Now 2014":
>
> "Undefined Behavior in C++; what is it, and why should I care":
> https://github.com/boostcon/cppnow_presentations_2014/blob/master/files/Undefined-Behavior.pdf?raw=true
> This reminds us to remove as much undefined behavior as
> possible from D.
>
> "Mach7: The Design and Evolution of a Pattern Matching Library
> for C++", by Bjarne Stroustrup and others:
> https://github.com/boostcon/cppnow_presentations_2014/blob/master/files/open-pattern-matching.pdf?raw=true
> This could be a start point to add pattern matching in D, or to
> discuss. Pattern matching requires lot of compiler support and
> some specific syntax.
>
> "Iterators May Stay":
> https://github.com/boostcon/cppnow_presentations_2014/blob/master/files/CppNow2014Ranges.pdf?raw=true
> This looks like an answer to the "Iterators must go" talk.
> There are many comments about D ranges and some slides about
> Phobos.
>
> "Ownership of Memory in C++":
> https://github.com/boostcon/cppnow_presentations_2014/blob/master/files/ownership_of_memory.pdf?raw=true
> This reminds us to not use linked lists. Arrays or arrays of
> smart pointers are good.
>
> Why aren't Reddit people discussing on each of those? :-)
>
> Bye,
> bearophile

Two another interesting ones are

My Thoughts on Large Code Base Change Ripple Management in C++
https://github.com/boostcon/cppnow_presentations_2014/blob/master/files/change_ripple.pdf?raw=true

Keynote: Beware of C++
https://github.com/boostcon/cppnow_presentations_2014/blob/master/files/Josuttis_C++Now_140515_handouts.pdf?raw=true

As they highlighting the issues C++ complexity has vs other
languages, and the corresponding impact in the community.

--
Paulo