current "ref" args state.

evilrat via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Mon May 19 22:29:01 PDT 2014

On Monday, 19 May 2014 at 17:26:25 UTC, w0rp wrote:
> Explicit or implicit pass by reference at the call site is a
> political argument and it is highly subjective. I'm used to the
> current state of affairs (due to coming from C++) and I don't
> see anything wrong with it. If you can't tell from a function's
> name what its going to do with its arguments, something is
> probably wrong. If you aren't using const or immutable until it
> hurts, something is probably wrong.

you don't know the actual use case, yet telling me like if it was
MY fault...

you came from C++, i came from C++, many people here came from
C++, but let me remind, this is D and not C++ at all. if you like
shooting yourself in the leg it doesn't means people would like
it also(in this case people is anyone who just came to D from any
other language and possibly who knows C++ well)

as i said before, fine, if this isn't subject to change, fine,
i'll take it, but do will people take it?

p.s. (ritoric question) why people here thinks they're kind of
special just because they came from C++ ?