Mass-enabling D => License question

Andre via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Tue May 20 13:44:59 PDT 2014

Hi,

I like D due to its clear syntax and power. For a business application
developer what is really missing is a full blown IDE which enables
Rapid Application Development.
=> GUI
=> Database
=> Internet components
=> Refactoring
=> ... and a lot things more

If I compare the time I need to develop a D application and a delphi
application there are several weeks between unfortunatelly
(my experience).

I wonder whether it is possible from a license point of view to
develop an IDE for D and sell it? Of course there are license issues
due to fact that D must be integrated in the package but someone would
only pay for the IDE.
On the other side, a good IDE will mass enabled D for business
application developer.

If someone will create an IDE for D like Borland has done for Delphi
this would lead to an huge success for D in my opinion.

What do you think? Would you appreciate such an IDE?

Kind regards
André