Mozilla presentation about memory safety in Rust

w0rp via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Thu May 22 15:03:06 PDT 2014

On Thursday, 22 May 2014 at 08:27:14 UTC, Paulo Pinto wrote:
> Hi,
>
> given the discussions about memory management, I guess it might
> be worthwhile watching this session.
>

> Surely can't be applied to D with the current type system, but
> it is nonetheless interesting to see how they manage memory.
>
> https://air.mozilla.org/guaranteeing-memory-safety-in-rust/
>
> --
> Paulo

I watched this earlier today, I and recommend this for any D
programmers. The way the Rust language designers have dealt with
issues of correctness and safety is really interesting. The
effectively conflate const references with shared references,
unique references with moves, and make copying more explicit than
implicit. It's a really interesting approach.