Including Dub with D

Dicebot via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Fri May 23 07:49:54 PDT 2014

On Friday, 23 May 2014 at 14:43:20 UTC, Kiith-Sa wrote:
> On Friday, 23 May 2014 at 06:24:28 UTC, Jacob Carlborg wrote:
>> On 22/05/14 21:11, Nick Sabalausky wrote:
>>
>>> Is there anything blocking actual adoption of SDL? I'm not
>>> holding
>>> anything up am I? Sonke: If there's anything you need
>>> done/dealt-with
>>> regarding SDLang-D, let me know.
>>
>> Do we want/need the SDL parser/writer to be included into
>> Phobos first?
>
> This is my concern. Waiting for another module to get into
> phobos before DUB gets included is too much. Couldn't SDL be
> added later as an option? (For small files like this I find
> this to be a bikeshed issue. DUB files are very readable as is
> and I don't like the idea of waiting 6 more months (as is
> typical in D))

I don't see it as a problem. dub and dub-registry will stay
separate repositories and won't be included in phobos or tools
repo so we can just let it go. I know that in general it is good
policy to keep official stuff phobos-only but here it is simply
unfeasible.

dub-registry itself depends on vibe.d anyway and it is not like
we are going to include _that_ into phobos :)