Including Dub with D

Sönke Ludwig via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Sat May 24 12:32:04 PDT 2014

Am 24.05.2014 19:51, schrieb Nick Sabalausky:

> But maybe I should put a "std.sdlang" through the phobos review queue to
> help getting DUB into the standard DMD releases?

Not sure if that would be really considered necessary, but I wouldn't
mind that for sure in general* (I think it should be enough if the
repository doesn't have external dependencies). But please let's try to
establish something like std.data.sdl, so that the top level std package
doesn't get ever more crowded when new formats get added.

* It may also be a good step to solve the chicken-egg issue here, where
the argument is that because SDL isn't so common, it shouldn't be used.
I think it's a really nice little format that deserves to get some support.