Dev. Collaboration

chuck via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Mon May 26 17:12:58 PDT 2014

Would anyone be interested in a collaboration forum? I am
thinking of starting one on Proboards to aid in
development/collaboration between developers on D and
libraries/bindings. Reading through the posts, I have seen that
several people have created small projects that do the same thing
(I have seen multiple for MySql alone, none of which has really
gained true traction).

So here is what I propose:
1) The forum will be host different aspects of development
(Database/bindings, Phobos development, networking tools, etc.).

2) Form dev. committees to fill the most useful tasks in the
group of choice. For example, focusing on doing one thing quickly
and sustainably rather than burning out creating a project alone
that will be difficult to maintain afterwords.

3) This should help increase the number of code examples,
increasing the visibility of D to anyone interested. Hopefully,
this will also increase the community.