D Language Version 3

Don via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Wed May 28 01:41:43 PDT 2014

On Wednesday, 28 May 2014 at 03:25:28 UTC, Suminda Dharmasena
wrote:
> Hi,
>
> D2 has been out for a while. Looking to see what the roadmap is
> like towards D3?
>
> Suminda

No, it has not been out for a while. I would even say that it's
not out yet!
It still doesn't exist yet in the same way as D1.

D1 was a clearly defined snapshot of the language at a particular
moment in time.
The feature list is unchanged since D1.014, except for array
operations which were finally implemented in D1.034. It reached
release 1.076 just with bugfixes, ie there were 61 bugfix
releases.

D2 is the ongoing language development, and we still don't have a
stability branch more recent than the D1 branch. Almost every
release has contained a new feature, and I can't see that
stopping anytime soon.