std.benchmark

Russel Winder via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Wed May 28 08:44:09 PDT 2014

Although I should have known about it long ago, I have only just become
aware of Andrei's std.benchmark, which appears in his fork of Phobos,
but not in real Phobos. Is there an intention it should be in Phobos, or
is it intended to be a separate thing?

For me a benchmark framework should be outputting means, standard
deviations, and degrees of freedom of the timing of the function under
test. However the documentation comments of the std.benchmark module in
Andrei's repository only talk about a time and a relationship between a
group of related tests. So for me what is there is a great start but not
enough to be really useful.

Is anyone working on this? Is there an intention to make this part of
Phobos?

Hopefully I am not blundering into a quagmire raising this.
--
Russel.
41 Buckmaster Road    m: +44 7770 465 077   xmpp: russel at winder.org.uk