std.benchmark

Joakim via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Wed May 28 08:54:14 PDT 2014

On Wednesday, 28 May 2014 at 15:44:22 UTC, Russel Winder via
Digitalmars-d wrote:
> Although I should have known about it long ago, I have only
> just become
> aware of Andrei's std.benchmark, which appears in his fork of
> Phobos,
> but not in real Phobos. Is there an intention it should be in
> Phobos, or
> is it intended to be a separate thing?
>
> For me a benchmark framework should be outputting means,
> standard
> deviations, and degrees of freedom of the timing of the
> function under
> test. However the documentation comments of the std.benchmark
> module in
> Andrei's repository only talk about a time and a relationship
> between a
> group of related tests. So for me what is there is a great
> start but not
> enough to be really useful.
>
> Is anyone working on this? Is there an intention to make this
> part of
> Phobos?
>
> Hopefully I am not blundering into a quagmire raising this.

A google search turns up a long review thread a couple years ago:

http://forum.dlang.org/thread/mailman.73.1347916419.5162.digitalmars-d@puremagic.com

Looks like it was remanded for further fixes, it shows as a "work
in progress" in the review queue:

http://wiki.dlang.org/Review_Queue