DConf Recommendation

ed via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Wed May 28 17:20:21 PDT 2014

On Wednesday, 28 May 2014 at 21:05:13 UTC, Chris Williams wrote:
> My first day at DConf, during lunch, I ended up sitting next to
> the CTO/CEO of a startup company that was considering D as
> their language of choice. He commented to me, and which makes
> sense to me, that the format of the conference wasn't very well
> geared to people who are just interested in figuring out what
> the language is like and how to get started with it.
>
> His recommendation was to offer two tracks over two days
> (instead of one over three), whith one track focussing on
> things like how to get a development environment set up on
> different platforms, how to debug, overview of language
> features, etc. That way a CTO or other interested party could
> use the conference as a way to evaluate the language for use at
> their companies.
>
> I also got the sense that he was hiring, should anyone be
> interested. Apakau.com

Does it have to split the entire DConf? What if a half-day was
set aside for two streams:

a) a workshop for new D users with entry-level talks and maybe
even hands-on sessions (would require attendees bring a laptop)

b) A set of very technical low-level language talks for hardcore
D language developers.

If there are not enough for a) people are less likely to mind
because it is only a half-day with the alternative listening to
interesting D talks anyway.

Cheers,
ed