DConf Recommendation

Steven Schveighoffer via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Wed May 28 20:39:05 PDT 2014

On Wed, 28 May 2014 18:21:01 -0400, Chris Williams
<yoreanon-chrisw at yahoo.co.jp> wrote:

> If only one person like the guy I mentioned is going to show up, then to
> Walter's point, there's not much value in providing such a session in
> the conference. But maybe next year advertize an "intro to D" class that
> will be on the first day if there's enough interest, and then make
> people choose between "interested" or "not interested" when they
> register.

In fact, dconf '13 had a "tutorial" session the day before the main
conference. It was cancelled due to lack of participants.

Honestly, that kind of thing would be great as a webinar. Have it some
random day before the conference, allowing people to ask questions live,
then record it so others can watch it later.

-Steve