std.stream replacement

Steven Schveighoffer via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Wed May 28 20:43:31 PDT 2014

On Wed, 28 May 2014 06:28:25 -0400, Tero <sghtr at naesaatbh.invalid> wrote:

> While waiting for the new stream I wrote myself a stream for file io
> only.
> http://dpaste.dzfl.pl/bc470f96b357
>
> Hope it helps your work somehow. Maybe at least the unittests are
> helpful?

Cool. I actually have made some progress, I have a new-io3 branch on
github. Nothing finalized yet, but it does do basic input and output in
all encodings.

I will probably rewrite the entire API at least twice before it's ready
(in fact, already doing that), but the guts will be similar.

I will take a look at your code to see if there's anything I can use,
thanks!

-Steve