std.experimental – DConf?

Steven Schveighoffer via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Thu May 29 07:47:26 PDT 2014

On Thu, 29 May 2014 09:33:59 -0400, Joseph Rushton Wakeling via
Digitalmars-d <digitalmars-d at puremagic.com> wrote:

> On 29/05/14 14:52, Steven Schveighoffer via Digitalmars-d wrote:
>> In andrei's talk he said we should add std.experimental. I don't think
>> there was
>> much discussion, people liked the idea. There was no discussion on how
>> things
>> would be placed in there (i.e. up for debate), but it definitely is
>> going to be
>> there. I actually did not know about code.dlang.org until Andrei
>> brought it up
>> in his talk, so there may be quite a few people who aren't aware of it.
>
> Minor point -- is it really going to be the clunky std.experimental, or
> is it going to be something elegant like exp.* ... ?
>
> I would prefer the latter. :-)

javax was the experimental branch for Java's experimental code. Now
javax.xml is PERMANENT.

I think "experimental" spells out "This is subject to immediate and
frequent change. IT MAY BREAK YOUR CODE"

std.experimental looks great to me ;)

-Steve