std.experimental – DConf?

Joseph Rushton Wakeling via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Thu May 29 09:44:10 PDT 2014

On 29/05/14 18:22, ponce via Digitalmars-d wrote:
> Is it really fast moving when you have to wait for compiler releases? I don't
> think so.

Fair point.  What I was really trying to say is, that if something looks good
from a design point of view, that getting it straight into std.experimental is
probably a much more effective way of getting it out there and battle tested
than having it on code.dlang.org, because there will most likely be orders of
magnitude difference in user takeup between modules in each.

> I also believe there is a positive correlation between "being popular on
> code.dlang.org" and "being useful and with a promising design".

Indeed.  I'm not arguing against popularity on code.dlang.org being a
consideration for potential std.experimental modules, I'm just arguing against
it being a requirement.