The GC and performance, but not what you expect

Atila Neves via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Fri May 30 00:51:13 PDT 2014

I tried modifying the runtime but unfortunately vibe.d doesn't
compile with the latest dmd. I don't feel like fixing it or
figuring out how to compile gdc either. As mentioned later, I
wouldn't be able to claim to beat Java, but I would be able to
see how much faster it would go without the lock, though. Oh well.

Also, there was a bit too much focus on Java on this thread. The
fact is that the C implementation is faster than D as well, and
just as fast as Java.

Atila