std.experimental – DConf?

H. S. Teoh via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Fri May 30 09:31:31 PDT 2014

On Fri, May 30, 2014 at 12:06:34PM -0400, Steven Schveighoffer via Digitalmars-d wrote:
[...]
> By saying up front "this is experimental, expect breakage," the policy
> is clear, and complaints are shrugged off, nobody has anyone to blame
> but themselves.
>
> You may argue "Yeah, but javax was supposed to mean experimental,"
> true, but it's not as nicely spelled out.
[...]

Maybe we should call it std.broken_in_next_release. ;-)

I've been around long enough to have seen an endless parade of magic new
techniques du jour, most of which purport to remove the necessity of
thought about your programming problem.  In the end they wind up
contributing one or two pieces to the collective wisdom, and fade away
in the rearview mirror. -- Walter Bright