D Users Survey: Primary OS?

Jesse Phillips via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Fri May 30 17:04:35 PDT 2014

On Friday, 30 May 2014 at 13:27:10 UTC, Bruno Medeiros wrote:
> I suspect the poorer Windows D toolchain support  is a bigger
> influence.

I'm sorry but I don't see where that comes from. What tool
support exists in Linux? There is MonoD, which I expect has
Windows support. Windows has VisualD which I here support for
desired features including debugging.

I realize these editors have caused people problems. I realize
that OMF has been an issue and using COFF with 64 hasn't been
straight forward.

I avoid the IDE issue by not using an IDE. I installed VisualD,
but it didn't fit into my project structure (I hate IDEs and
their opinions).

I also understand that tools which work on Linux and Windows, it
can be harder to install/setup in Windows... Welcome to Windows
it is not D specific (I'm thinking about MonoD requiring GTK and
such).