SurveyMonkey for D users OS - Results

Abdulhaq via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Sat May 31 06:59:16 PDT 2014

On Saturday, 31 May 2014 at 13:52:46 UTC, Rikki Cattermole wrote:
> On 1/06/2014 1:45 a.m., Abdulhaq wrote:
>> On Saturday, 31 May 2014 at 13:37:26 UTC, Abdulhaq wrote:
>>> There's been 100 votes and the results are:
>>>
>>> Linux 64 bits:      53
>>> Linux 32 bits:       4
>>> Windows 64 bits:    27
>>> Windows 32 bits:     3
>>> Mac:                 7
>>> Other:               6:
>>>         "ArchLinux"
>>>         "Android"
>>>         "Centos 6"
>>>         "MAC OSX, LINUX 64, Windows 64, FreeBSD 64"
>>>         "bsd64"
>>>

>>> One 'other' vote was spoiled. It turns out that the free
>>> SurveyMonkey
>>> account only allows 100 votes max, but the profile has been
>>> much the
>>> same since 50 votes so I think the ratios are clear.
>>>
>>> If anyone has an OS other than the ones mentioned above then
>>> perhaps
>>> they could mention it in this thread.
>>
>> See the graph at
>> https://www.surveymonkey.com/results/SM-5GGGJV5/
>
> I'm personally not surprised by these results. But they will be
> skewed because of time zones and the limited number of
> participants. Which is a shame.
> Not to mention all those who use D plus don't read the NG.

Shame it didn't make 24 hrs as all time zones would have been
covered, still I think it's probably a pretty fair picture of the
whole thing.

I'm wondering what's the Linux 32 bit usages - embedded I guess.
64 bits seems to dominate in general. A couple of linux users
seem not to know if they are 32 or 64 bit?