Redesign of dlang.org

Dylan Knutson via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Sat May 31 13:01:49 PDT 2014

Firstly, wow, the site looks beautiful. It has an air of
professionality to it, but stays minimal and to the point. I
think it'd be best if there was a code example above the fold
though (e.g. how basically every programming language website
does it nowadays), such as the word length snippet on the index
of dlang.org as of now.

Maybe it'd be good to have something about CTFE/more on templates
in the "Convenience" or "Power" section, as that has gotten much
more useful in the language the past year or two. Also, I assume
a good amount of work has to be done porting the rest of the site
over (the community and documentation sections don't seem to be
implemented).

Again, fantastic job :) it's great to see people taking
initiative. Hopefully dlang.org can get a facelift in the near
future. I'd be happy to spend some time working on porting more
of the site if it gets a "green light" from upper management to
be a replacement.