Performance

Marco Leise via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Sat May 31 20:38:44 PDT 2014

Am Sat, 31 May 2014 17:44:23 +0000
schrieb "Thomas" <t.leichner at arcor.de>:

> Thank you for the help. Which OS is running on your notebook ?
> For I compiled your source code with your settings with the GCC
> compiler. The run took 3.1xxxx nanoseconds per step. For the DMD
> compiler the run took 5.xxxx nanoseconds. So I think the problem
> could be specific to the linux versions of the GCC and the DMD
> compilers.
>

> Thomas

Gentoo Linux 64-bit. Aside from the 64-bit maybe, I can't make
out a good reason why the runtime should depend on the OS so
much.
Are you sure you don't run on a PC from 2000 and did you use
the compiler flags I gave on top of my post? Did you disable
CPU power saving and was no other process running at the same
time?
By the way I get very similar results when using the LDC
compiler.

--
Marco