Redesign of dlang.org

Russel Winder via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Sat May 31 22:50:59 PDT 2014

On Sat, 2014-05-31 at 20:40 +0000, w0rp via Digitalmars-d wrote:
> On Saturday, 31 May 2014 at 20:38:41 UTC, Meta wrote:
> >>
> >> For comparison, here's two images. One is the site with the
> >> background as the current gradient image, the second is the
> >> site with a background colour that matches your logo. Neither
> >> of them is particularly appealing, either, unfortunately.
> >
> > Whoops. http://imgur.com/oSHfFek,Mc81UYM
>
> Yes, a darker background does look quite nice.

Contrast level is still a bit high though. The current dlang.org also
has this problem because of the use of white. I am not pushing dark grey
on light grey with spot colour (which is how Apple started out and still
use a lot) but something with less contrast might lead to a nice brand
imagery. Red, brown and black are clearly the base for a D brand, so
maybe washed out red-brown background rather than white. I haven't tried
this, it's just an idea – which may turn out to be rubbish.

--
Russel.
41 Buckmaster Road    m: +44 7770 465 077   xmpp: russel at winder.org.uk